If you own a Porsche with the new PDK gearbox (Porsche Doppel Kupplungs getriebe – which is Porsche’s dual clutch design) and have made any engine modifications to unlock more of your car’s potential, you have probably found the limiting factor to getting the best acceleration out of your car is the standard software of your Gearbox. As an authorised COBB Tuning dealer, Foreign Affairs motorsport is excited to announce that we’ll be offering COBB PDK tuning for 997.2 and 987.2 vehicles, extending the range from the existing package for 991.1 and 981 models.
How Does it Work?
It requires the purchase of an Accessport V3. The V3 can be used for both engine tuning flashes and gearbox tuning flashes. If you already own a V3, you can simply update the firmware on your device, either by making an appointment with us, or for the enthusiasts, at home on your computer via Accessport Manager. If you’re uncertain about updating firmware, COBB have created a useful step by step COBB firmware guide. Once you have your V3 ready, you will need to purchase the PDK flash package, which will change the software on your PDK controller. If you have an upgraded clutch pack, we can offer you a custom tuning map.
Benefits of PDK Tuning
Once your car has been tuned with the Accessport V3, you will have access to a variety of maps, which include Simulated Stock, OEM+, COBB Sport, and COBB Aggressive. If you own a 997.2 Turbo or Turbo S, you can opt for the High Torque Aggressive map, which will also require you to purchase a PDK relearn. A PDK relearn programs the PDK control unit with new values for the engagement points of the clutch and expected torque through the clutch. The OEM+ package unlocks the full potential of the gearbox, without compromising on comfort for everyday driving. All the packages increase the minimum shift points, which increases the RPM range after a gear shift, coupled with the increased point at which the gear change takes place in automatic mode, keeps the car in the power band for longer, improving acceleration and giving the car a sportier feel. The firmness of both clutches are increased, which adds the benefit of decreasing the delay in engaging the clutch, which gives you a firmer gear change, and decreased shift times. Off the starting line, the new Race start option adds launch control to all vehicles, even vehicles that were not factory fitted with the Sport Chrono option, and with reduced continuous clutch slip, will ensure you get the best possible start.
Only vehicles equipped with a PDK gearbox qualify for this flash. Supported vehicles include,
- 2014-16 Porsche 911 (911) Turbo/ Turbo S PDK (These vehicles support the Aggressive High Torque map)
- 2014-2016 Porsche Cayman (981) PDK WM
- 2014-2016 Porsche Cayman (981) S PDK WM
- 2015-2016 Porsche Cayman (981) GTS PDK WM
- 2016 Porsche Cayman (981) GT4 Clubsport PDK WM
- 2013-2016 Porsche Boxster (981) PDK WM
- 2013-2016 Porsche Boxster (981) S PDK WM
- 2015-2016 Porsche Boxster (981) GTS PDK WM
- 2012-2016 Porsche Carrera (991) PDK WM
- 2012-2016 Porsche Carrera (991) S PDK WM
- 2012-2016 Porsche Carrera (991) S X51 PDK WM
- 2013-2016 Porsche Carrera (991) 4 PDK WM
- 2013-2016 Porsche Carrera (991) 4S PDK WM
- 2013-2016 Porsche Carrera (991) 4S X51 PDK WM
- 2015-2016 Porsche Carrera (991) GTS PDK WM
- 2015-2016 Porsche Carrera (991) 4GTS PDK WM
Should you have any questions about PDK tuning, or any other motor vehicle queries, please contact us at Foreign Affairs Motorsport today.