Pompano Beach, Florida, is a beautiful city just to the north of Fort Lauderdale. It is right in the heart of Florida’s Gold Coast and if you are the proud owner of a Porsche automobile, the best thing about Pompano Beach is the fact that it is the home of Foreign Affairs Motorsport. Bob Varela opened his business in 1978 and today it is one of the oldest family owned and operated full service centers for high-end German engineered automobiles. Bob has considerable experience in racing and has raced with Preston Henn, the Whittington brothers, Danny Ongais, Michael Andretti, and AJ Foyt. He has turned his love of racing and cars into an in-demand service company that keeps customers coming back. When you need a tune-up for your Porsche, Foreign Affairs Motorsport in Pompano Beach is the only stop you need to make.
WHAT DOES A TUNE-UP CONSIST OF?
A tune-up is basically a maintenance check and with a Porsche, you really should be diligent in following the Porsche factory recommended maintenance schedule. It is easy when you come to us. A comprehensive, step-by-step vehicle inspection on all major systems is performed by Foreign Affairs Motorsports’ team of highly trained technicians. We follow all factory service requirements for each specific model and model year as indicated on the Porsche maintenance schedules. Any repairs identified by the inspection process will be fully discussed with you and we will provide a cost estimation beforehand to ensure the highest customer satisfaction. Minor maintenance should be performed every 10, 20, 60 and 100 thousand miles, or every 1, 2, 6, 10 years. This will include the following:
- Diagnosis system: Read out fault memory; reset maintenance interval
- Check windshield and headlight wipers and wash systems
- Check horn, tires, batteries, hoses and indicator/warning lights
- Change oil and filter, check brake system, pads and discs
- Check all fluid levels and drive belts
- Check fuel system lines and coolant hoses
Major maintenance is performed every every 40, 80, 120 thousand miles, or every 4, 8, 10 years, etc. A major maintenance consists of everything in a minor maintenance check, plus the following:
- Check seat belt operation and condition
- Replace pollen filter element and air filter
- Lubricate door latch and fastening bolts
- Check axle joints, drive shafts, steering gear and tie rod ends
- Check and torque all front and rear suspension adjustment points
- Check exhaust, parking brake and clutch
Obviously, if there is anything found wrong in the maintenance checks, now is the time to have our highly trained and experienced mechanics fix it. We believe that your Porsche belongs out on the road and not in our service bay so we will do everything in our power to give you reliable, cost effective and timely service. We take great pride in offering the best tune-up and maintenance service in the greater Pompano Beach metro area. Porsche sports cars stand out thanks to their long maintenance intervals and short workshop visits.
Let our trained technicians put their expertise to work on getting your Porsche to peak performance.